Few living people can claim to have ridden in a World War Two Tiger Tank – you have the chance to be one of them. In addition to the raffle, The Tank Museum are running an ebay auction giving you the opportunity to ride inside Tiger 131 on Tiger Day VII.
The auction will run from the 10th of February to the 20th of February.
The highest bidder will be able to take a ride in the infamous Tiger 131 around our arena this coming Tiger Day, on 29th April 2017. They will also receive two Premium Tickets – the ultimate VIP experience for a Tiger fan – for themselves and a guest. Find details of Premium Tickets here.
You’ll get closer than you ever have before to the most famous tank in the world and enjoy detailed talks from our experts. Find out how Tiger 131 was captured and how it was painstakingly restored at The Tank Museum in a full day event exploring the myth and reality that surrounds it.
- No one else in the world can tell you what it is like to operate, maintain and drive a Tiger tank.
- Nowhere else in the world can you see one in action.
- No one but you will be riding in the commander’s seat that day.
Find out more about Tiger Day here.
A full day experience, starting at 8.30am to include:
- Refreshments including light breakfast, hearty lunch and Dorset cream tea.
- Ride in Tiger 131 in a 30 minute display examining and comparing this World War Two beast to its Axis and Allied contemporaries.
- Gain exclusive access to the vehicles used in the live vehicle display (including Tiger 131).
- Go behind the scenes and discover where Tiger 131 was painstakingly restored.
- Opportunity to meet the Tiger 131 workshop mechanics.
All proceeds go to Conservation in Action, part of which will include the building of the new Museum Workshops.
Conservation in Action will help to safeguard the future of The Tank Museum both by providing significantly enhanced workshop facilities needed to conserve and maintain the vehicles of our Designated Collections for the long-term, making these collections far more effective than they can be at present time, and in doing so support new activities in the future.
Please also note that we will not cancel any winning bids – if you place a bid and win the auction, the items is yours and you will be expected to pay for it.
Tiger Day Auction Terms & Conditions:
Winner must be available on 29th April to claim their prize from The Tank Museum.
Please Note: As with all of our historic machines, the appearance of the Tiger tank in the live tank display is subject to its mechanical reliability along with health and safety considerations of both the crew and the visiting public. In the event of mechanical failure reasonable steps will be taken to re-arrange a mutually convenient date for the Tiger tank ride element of this lot.
The winner must arrange their own transportation to and from The Tank Museum at their own cost. Prizes are only transferable at the discretion of The Tank Museum.
For health & safety reasons, it is essential that the winner must be able to climb in and out of the tank unaided. The winner and his guest will be expected to comply with the Museum’s instructions on conduct and safety during their experience.
This item is non-refundable.